RedchairPGH is a network of women and men who are committed to creating gender balance in Pittsburgh technology professions. We believe in diverse teams that increase innovation, opportunity and show organizational results. We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our members and website visitors. We will not sell or rent your personal information to other companies for the purpose of marketing.
What personal data we collect
When you visit this website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
- Registration Information – When you register for our newsletter you will provide us information about yourself.
- Email Information – If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- Website Use Information – Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called cookies and web server log files to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website.
A cookie is a small text file containing information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes and allows us to analyze our site traffic patterns. A cookie cannot give us access to your computer or to information beyond what you provide us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; consult your browser’s manual or online help if you want information on restricting or disabling the browser’s handling of cookies. If you disable cookies, you can still view the publicly available information on this website.
When someone visits redchairpgh.org we use Google Analytics to collect standard Internet usage information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to learn more about how our website is working, how many visitors we have and what is being accessed and useful to our visitors. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our website and articles frequently contain links to information found on other websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting those sites.
Newsletter Mailing Lists
Our website offers an online subscription form. Subscribing to our email list allows us to send you information detailing what RedChairpgh events are coming up.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You will only be subscribed to this newsletter if you opt-in, and you may opt-out at any time using the unsubscribe link in the bottom of the email.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we manage. If you’d like to review that data or request changes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time. We are happy to answer any question.
How we protect your data and your personal information is important to us
- Your information is sent over an authenticated and encrypted connection using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- We use firewalls, limit login attempts, and host with a provider who actively monitors security and intrusions on our website.
Nonetheless, no communication via the Internet can ever be 100% secure. Accordingly, you are advised to use caution and discretion when determining what personal information to disclose to us via the site. If you have any questions about security on our site, contact us.
Modifications to this policy may occur in the future. We will reflect those changes in this statement and update the policy as needed.